As a business and career coach, Joyce Kaplan works with lawyers and other professionals, solopreneurs, executives, new managers, small business teams and recent graduates facing a challenge or choice.
Joyce can be retained by individuals directly, or by the corporate clients sponsoring them.
Achieve sustainable results through clarity and accelerated professional and personal growth.
For individual coaching, together with Joyce, you’ll arrange the coaching timeline, frequency and types of contact (sessions/ phone/email check-ins) to meet your goals efficiently.
Team coaching usually combines team workshops with one-on-one coaching for individual team members.
- Personal productivity:
- managing multiple priorities,
- timely delivery of client services, administrative and marketing responsibilities, and
- meeting or exceeding billable hour targets
- Processing performance feedback
- Practice profile analysis with a view to firm profitability and lawyer satisfaction
- Interpersonal skills: communicating with colleagues, partners, assistants and clients
- Presence: make a more confident impression
- Prepare high potential associates for partnership
Leadership coaching for executives, new managers and solopreneurs
- Setting and addressing business priorities
- Handling difficult performance and/or personalities
- Creating desired work environment
- Facilitating meetings
Team coaching for business, project and practice groups teams
- Improving collaboration and communication
- Defining market and service focus
- Establishing roles and processes
Career coaching for job change, career transitions, and returning to the workforce
Joyce Kaplan specializes in career coaching for mid-to-later career workers choosing a change or facing an involuntary change; recent graduates looking for work or not satisfied in their first job/s; and clients returning to the workforce after a disability or other leave of absence.
Clients get one-stop support to:
- Identify the work and fit they want,
- Develop a plan to find or create the desired role or start a business, and
- Execute tactics: networking, social media, resumes, other materials, preparing for and debriefing interviews, and sealing the deal
Successful transitions have included:
- magazine editing to screenwriting
- private practice to in-house lawyer
- high tech to fashion
- returning to the workforce as an addiction medicine specialist after recovering from his own drug addiction
Other clients move to a different firm or company for a better fit or greater opportunities.
Read what clients say about Joyce’s coaching